451 smart fortwo

smart Car

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm from Indonesia.

I just bought 2010 451 Pure Coupe 61HP RHD with no electrical power steering option. I want to add this to my smart car, do you guys know where to buy it because it not sold at here.

Also, I want to add this : SFR Stage 3 Smart Car 451 Turbo System Bolt On Kit (http://www.speedforceracing.com/index.php?productID=1036), anyone have try it? or are there any powerful Turbo System than this one?

Thanks in advance.

Views: 574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes you can purchase the electrical steering option but you may need to source one from the UK directly, or ask if Mercindo can order and install it for you. But I have heard other smart users liking the natural feel of unassisted steering. So I guess just drive it as it is and you might get used to it.

If your smart is equipped with MHD (which I believe so), then you cannot install any turbo kits at all. Unless if you go with a standalone custom ECU that can override the mhd function. A good option to increase power moderately is by installing a Unichip piggyback. You can look it up on google for "rev engineering" in kedoya that can do the job. The 71hp version can reach to 80hp. Since the 61hp is basically the same engine, it would get close to 80 hp as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MADNESS GoPedal

Members

Latest Activity on 451s

SMART MADNESS posted a discussion
8 hours ago
SMART MADNESS posted discussions
yesterday
George Oller commented on Dean's photo
Thumbnail

IMG-20141017-WA0058

"Welcome from Florida, USA, Dean.  I love to see happy people enjoying their smart cars."
Tuesday
SMART MADNESS posted a discussion

smart car Carbon Fiber Door Handles (2) - Pull Handle Assembly

Upgrade the look and feel of your smart car with Genuine Carbon Fiber!…See More
Tuesday

smartCar on Facebook/Twitter

© 2014    

Badges  |  Bug Report  |  Terms of Service

Disclaimer: This is a user generated "Web 2.0" community, smart GmbH, smart USA and smart Canada are not responsible for the maintenance or creation of this page.
All brand names and/or trademarks used are for reference only and are the property of their respective holders.