1st Annual SMART Car Nationals-The Place to Be is in KCKansas City, June 11th, 12th, and 13th of 2010+ Come get a taste of KC with your fellow smart car owners,+ Local tours and events+ Local BBQ+ SMART car product sales, service, and installs will be availableMore to come; stay tuned...See More
"Hi Tim, I was wondering if you are planning on going to the Out-Smart the Dragon event in September.. Saturday September 26th/27th. Robbinsville NC. It's listed in the events section of this site. I am working with Thomas Riddle - Daytona…"
"First-it's my wifes car. You married guys know what that means. I get comments every day that it's too loud with the Thorley exhaust. I've done the exhaust-a K&N drop in filter and thats it. I don't feel like constantly doing…"
"The engine is not the weak link. The tranny-clutch pack will go BOOM way before you find a fault with the engine. So far I've found nothing stronger that will fit. I've raced 2.2 chrysler turbo engines for over 25 years-so Im kind of used…"
Smart Cars at Old Town,May 2nd from 1:00 PM till ?????Group Lunch, Car show, door prizes, rides, games, shops, bars, restaurants. 50s and 60s Musin on stage at 7:00PM.Cruise through Olod Town with 300 Hot Rods, Street Rods and Classics at 8:30 PM.$10 fee at entry. Great Time for all. To register e-mail firstname.lastname@example.orgSee More
Hi Tim, I was wondering if you are planning on going to the Out-Smart the Dragon event in September.. Saturday September 26th/27th. Robbinsville NC. It's listed in the events section of this site. I am working with Thomas Riddle - Daytona Smarts and Ken Wagar to see if we can pull together the central Florida smart owners on the way up. What a cool site, a caravan of smarts tooling along 75.
If you are planning on attending, let me know via my email at anthony.morton at yahoo.com, if you know of others, maybe we an all share the first stop point and time on our way to North Florida to connect with the Daytona group. Then it will be off to North Carolina.
Hey Tim it was great getting to meet you today. Here's the info on all the upcoming meets that Ken has put together.2. Saturday, November 8 at 12:00 Noon we will hold our 1st monthly “It’s all about the cars” Drive-In restaurant meet at the A&W drive-In on US Route 50 just East of Clermont. This will start a series of drive-in restaurant meets on the second Saturday of each month. See below for info on the meet for Dec. Come out to A&W for a rally and lunch in and around our fabulous little smart cars.
3. Saturday, November 22 we will have a meet and greet and rally at the famous Yalaha Bakery near Howie in the Hills. The Yalaha Bakery is a German Bakery well known for outstanding breads and pastries. On Sat mornings at 10:00 AM they have live music on their patio and usually have an outdoor grill going for sandwiches and beverages. You can check out information on the bakery at: http://www.yalahabakery.com/ Come out and pick up that special loaf of bread or fancy pastry for your Thanksgiving dinner, meet with the smarties and enjoy some music on the patio. I suggest we arrive by 9:30 AM in order to shop the bakery in advance of the music and to get a good seat on the lawn or patio. Bring a folding lounge chair along. The directions from Orlando are: Go north on the FL turnpike until you come to the Leesburg/Tavares exit which is also marked as exit 285 and is the exit for SR 19 and Hwy. 27. This exit comes after the second Clermont exit. After going through the tollbooth, turn left on Hwy. 27 and immediately get into the left lane. Turn left at the very first road which is CR 19 North, towards Howey-in-the-Hills. When you enter Howey, please observe the speed limit signs because the town strictly enforces them. There is one blinking light in town followed by a full traffic light in front of the main Mission Inn Golf and Country Club sign. At this light keep in the left lane which is the start of CR. 48. From this intersection, go straight on and you will find the Bakery 3.2 miles ahead on the left in a two story Bavarian style building. If you need directions from other areas please let me know or check the Yalaha Bakery website.
4. I tried to set up an event at the Sebring Raceway for the weekend of Dec 5,6 and 7 but in spite of my best efforts we were unable to generate the required interest to obtain discounts for tickets and club parking so I have cancelled this event and we will try again for the spring races or for next year.
5. Instead, on Saturday evening, December 6 we will have Smart night at the Drive-In Movies at the famous Silver Moon Drive-In Theater in Lakeland, FL. This is one of the few remaining drive-in movie theaters in the United States. It has two screens and shows primarily first run movies. They have a great snack bar and both through your radio and old fashioned speaker boxes. They get very crowded and often are full on weekend nights so we will want to arrive early to obtain our spaces. The Movie schedules are not announced until a week or so in advance so we will select the screen and movie the week before the event. This night will be all about old fashioned fun so come on out and join us for the evening. For now please plan on arriving by 6:00PM and I will confirm the arrival time a week out based on feedback from the Drive-In. The Directions to the Silver Moon are: —Take I-4 to the County Line Road exit. Go South on County Line Rd to US 92 West. Turn left (East) and look for the flashing neon sign 3.5 miles ahead on the right. The location of the Drive-In is 4100 US 92 W, Lakeland, FL.
6. On Saturday, December 13th we will be participating in the US Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots 5th Annual Christmas Car Show from 10:00AM to 3:00PM in Apollo Beach, Florida. Apollo Beach is South of Brandon, North of Bradenton and East of St. Pete on US RT 41. The show will be on the property of the brand new Sweetbay Supermarket on US 41. The Entry Fee is $10 per car plus an unwrapped toy for an Infant or a teenager. In place of a toy you can pay an additional $5 fee. There will be a DJ on site playing 50’s and 60’s music. There will be a 50/50 drawing, door prizes, Dash Plaques to the 1st 100 cars and a People’s Choice Trophy as well. There is space for 200 cars and between 150 and 200 are expected. The event is being hosted by The Roamin’ Oldies Car Club and the Braden Street Cruisers and there will be a lot of classics and street rods present to enjoy. We currently have 7 or 8 smart cars that will be participating and would love to see more from those of you on the West side of our club area if you can make it. This should be a fun day and we would be doing good at the same time. 100% of the proceeds go to Toys for Tots. It is suggested that you bring a folding chair and a cooler if you desire. Food and Beverages will also be available in the Sweetbay supermarket. Directions to the location are as follows: From I-75 take exit 246 and go East on Rt 672 for 2.3 miles to US 41. Turn South on US 41 for 3.4 miles to Mira Bay Village Plaza on the right. If you are coming North on US-41 the Sweetbay is 3.5 miles North of route 674 in Ruskin. The Street address of Sweetbay is 252 Harbor Village Lane, Route 41, South Apollo Beach.
7. Saturday, December 13th is also the date for our second monthly Drive-In restaurant meet which will be held at the Steak and Shake in Lake Mary at 4:30 PM. –The Steak and Shake is located at 4325 Lake Mary Blvd in Lake Mary. This is just off I-4 at exit 98. Convenient to everything East of Kissimmee to Sanford. Vickie and I are planning on attending the Car Show in Apollo Beach then make a speed run to Lake Mary so we hope to see you there. We will likely be a half hour late arriving due to the distance from Apollo Beach.
This is a very active schedule for the next 8 weeks and I hope there are events that interest you and that you will be able to attend. We will not schedule any other major events until after Christmas and New Years but if some of you choose to conduct local events let me know and I will get the word out.
The Orlando smart center staff has been thinking about a new dealership grand opening party and contacted me for input. I suggested that with the Holidays coming it might make sense to delay it and combine it with a 1 year Anniversary party in late Jan or early Feb to commemorate their first smart car delivery which was on Feb 1st. I also volunteered to help them with planning etc. As plans are firmed up I will keep you informed. If you have any ideas about what would make a dealership party a great event please let me know and I’ll pass those suggestions on to the staff.
Thanks for all of your support and I hope to see you at one or more events in the coming weeks.
Tim, It was a pleasure talking with you today. Thanks for coming to the Altamonte get together. I'd like to do it again... maybe a bigger group will be available if not scheduled same day as another Smart event. Again thanks for coming.
Tim, turns out I have to go to MCO on Friday the 8th. I'll be running around to various Distributors in the area in the morning but maybe we can meet for lunch. I'll give you a call. later this afternoon.
This is the second time I have written to you. Because I am "computer challenged", I may have sent it incorrectly. Yes, I am the owner of a 1990 TC by Maserati, yellow/black, with 44,XXX, which I purchased from the original owner in November 2005. Rather than sending email, please give me a call at your convenience. All the very best,
Howard G. Singer Mobile: 619-980-4586
I do. It is a 1990 yellow/black, with 44,600 actual miles, which I purchased from the original owner in November 2005.. Tim, I am "computer challenged." I would much prefer hearing from you by phone. All the very best, Howard 619-980-4586
Tim, You are right, one must take possession of the vehicle before the Lemon Law applies. You might be better off waiting for your smart to be in perfect shape before taking delivery. You might consider trying to get as much hard copy info on the problem when you get it. That way if this problem shows up after the warranty expires then you have some ammo for their non-public (secret) warranty. Neal
Tim, I read your comments about your smart sitting at the dealership for 4 weeks and I was surprised you didn't put pressure on the dealership to expedite this matter. I live in Texas and they have a Lemon Law that says if the car sits at the dealer, waiting for repairs, the Dealer/Mfgr. must buy this car back at the price that was paid. You might consider this. Check your own state for Lemon Laws. Neal
Disclaimer: This is a user generated "Web 2.0" community, smart GmbH, smart USA and smart Canada are not responsible for the maintenance or creation of this page. All brand names and/or trademarks used are for reference only and are the property of their respective holders.